This policy describes how Nymbl treats your information, not how other organizations treat your information. If you are using Nymbl in a workplace or on a device or account issued to you by your employer or another organization, that company or organization likely has its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, and retention of communications and content which may apply to your use of Nymbl. Content that would otherwise be considered private to you or to a limited group of people may, in some cases, be accessible by your Team Owner or administrator. Please check with your employer, Team Owner or administrator about the policies it has in place regarding your communications and related content on Nymbl.
Information we collect and receive
We collect different kinds of information. None of it is personally identifiable. Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
• UserID. This is a unique number we have assigned to you so that we can keep track of your data when it is received in our servers.
• Name. You can enter any name you like, or a partial name, or a fictitious name. This information is simply to make it easier for us to process information. This information is optional.
• Age, height, gender. As Nymbl relates to movement of the human body, we collect this information so that we can relate balance capabilities to the age, gender, and height of individuals. These data is optional.
• Balance evaluation data. This is the scores that you receive when you take the Balance test. It includes which tests you performed, what you score was on each, as well as information as to how stable the phone was during the exercise.
• Training data. This is data about your training activities. Each time you do a training exercise, we collect which exercise is was, what your score was, how stable you were, how many questions you responded to and how many of the responses were correct.
How we use your information
We use your information for the following:
• Tracking each person’s usage Nymbl. We use the data that is uploaded to monitor each person’s usage of Nymbl – how frequently, how many exercises, what time of day, etc.
• Tracking each person’s progress. We use information you provide to track how well each person is progressing in their balance training.
• Understanding and improving our products. To make the product better we have to understand how users are using it. We have a fair bit of data about usage and we intend to use it many different ways to improve our products, including research.
When you use Nymbl, you have control over a number of things with respect to the information you provide. Specifically, you have the choice as to which personal data to share in regards to Name, Age, Sex, and Height.
Sharing and Disclosure
There are times when communications and related content and other user information may be shared by Nymbl:
• With consent, to comply with legal process, or to protect Nymbl and our users. When we have your consent or if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Nymbl; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. If we receive a law enforcement or other third party request for information we will provide prior notice to the subject of the request where we are legally permitted to do so.
Nymbl takes reasonable steps to protect information you provide to us as part of your use of the Nymbl service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no electronic or email transmission or digital storage mechanism is ever fully secure or error free.
Nymbl is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that a minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Nymbl after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are material, we may provide more prominent notice or seek your consent to the new policy.
meFor New Zealand users – Privacy Terms
Digital platforms for strength and balance falls prevention exercises
What is this research for?
Live Stronger For Longer and the Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) are conducting a research project to understand how digital platforms can be used to support participation in exercises, and particularly activities that build strength and improve balance, to prevent falls. The impact of Covid-19 means that people’s ability to participate in group strength and balance classes has been reduced. We would like to know how well strength and balance training delivered using digital platforms might work for older adults in New Zealand.
What is involved?
We have partnered with Nymbl, an established digital platform for falls prevention exercises in the home. If you agree to participate, you will be asked to register with Nymbl, complete a falls risk assessment and participate in the exercises on the platform. As part of the programme you will be asked about your wellbeing, health, experience of falls and satisfaction with using Nymbl.
Collection and use of information
If you agree to participate in the study, Nymbl will collect the following identifiable information about you: your name, date of birth, gender, ethnicity, cell phone number, and email address.Nymbl will provide this information to ACC and, if you have had fall-injuries in the past, it will be matched to your claims record for the duration of the study (approximately 12 months). This allows ACC to determine whether the App has improved your strength and balance and reduced your risk of fall injuries. If you do not have a relevant claim history, ACC will destroy the information. Nymbl will also collect data about your use of the App, e.g. how often you use it, your programme of activity, and your responses to a number of standardized tests. This might be a falls risk assessment and a self-evaluation of health and well-being, for example. You will also be periodically surveyed to determine your satisfaction with using Nymbl. At the end of the study, all of this information will be “de-
identified”, meaning it cannot be linked to you, and then “aggregated”, meaning it will be combined with other records. Nymbl will give this aggregated data to ACC. ACC will keep this aggregated data regardless of whether you have a relevant claim history and it will be analyzed to understand how effectively Nymbl has supported participation in strength and balance exercises.All data from the research that is identifiable information about you will be held in a secure server and destroyed after the study is completed. An anonymized copy of the dataset will be retained. For more information on how ACC handles personal information, visit https://www.acc.co.nz/privacy/
Who is this research open to?
Anyone age 55 or older living in New Zealand is welcome to participate, whether or not you are physically active.
Do I have to take part in the research?
Your participation in this study is entirely your choice. You are free to: Choose not to take part or withdraw at any time, without having to give a reason. This will not affect the service or support you receive from ACC.
What will this research produce?
This research will provide Live Stronger For Longer and ACC with the information needed to inform our decisions on what programme to invest in. Participants in the survey will be emailed a short summary of the findings. In addition, Live Stronger for Longer will publish the findings on the website so you can learn what the research finds even if you choose not to participate. Finally, we will share the insights from the study in academic publications so researchers and policy makers around the world can learn from the experiences of New Zealanders.
What are my rights?
You have the right to learn about what the research finds. You have the right to withdraw from the study at any time. You may contact email@example.com and ask that your information be removed from the study at any time, and with no consequences for you. Withdrawing from the study will not impact your service in present or future ACC claims. You can contact the ACC Ethics Panel on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns about this research.
What if I want to find out more about it?
If you have any questions about the study, please email Meagan at email@example.com
European and UK Privacy Disclosures
Our Company is part of Nymbl Science, Inc., a group of companies which includes Balance 4 Good, Ltd, our United Kingdom subsidiary. The below sections will explain how our organizations use the personal data we collect from you when you use our website or our mobile application software.
What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
• Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, gender, date of birth, etc)
• Performance data when using our software, which includes subjective and objective performance data on physical and cognitive tasks, along with responses to questionnaires.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
• Register, login, or begin using our software.
• Complete any physical or cognitive challenges within our software.
• Voluntarily respond to any questionnaires or provide feedback via email or through the mobile application.
• Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Our Company may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
• Our senior living and insurance partners
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Track your performance to consistently offer you the correct program in terms of difficulty and appropriateness for your current situation
- Provide feedback to our customers (senior living centers and insurance companies) on your performance
- Email you with targeted content that is relevant to balance and fall prevention
If you agree by using our software, Our Company will share your data with whatever senior living or insurance company provided your data to us. Under no circumstances will we ever sell or share your data with any third-party companies beyond the one that provided your data initially.
How do we store your data?
Our Company securely stores your data on encrypted servers located within the UK.
Our Company will keep your data for the entire length of time that you continue to use our software, and for 7 years after you stop using our software. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data using then-current industry best practices.
Our Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right of access. You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification. You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure. You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability. You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
The right to object. You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. You have the right to object to processing personal information for marketing, sales, or non-service related purposes, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Understanding how you use our website
- Helping you to login more easily
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
• Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Phone: 0303 123 1113
3513 N Brighton Blvd, Ste 478
Denver, CO 80216