Updated February 22, 2021
This policy describes how Nymbl treats your information, not how other organizations treat your information.
This Solution collects and processes information of users to run our business and provide Services to our users. We process and store data in the United States of America and New Zealand, and all service operations for the Solution are located in the United States and New Zealand.
Information we collect and receive
We collect different kinds of information when you give us information, and we collect information automatically.
The types of personal information you give to us include:
- Birthday, Ethnicity, and Gender. As Nymbl relates to movement of the human body, we collect this information so that we can relate balance capabilities to age and gender norms.
- Registration and Contact Information, including Date of Registration, First and Last Name, Home Address, User ID, Email and Phone Number. This also includes information you provide related to your falls concern level and your referral source. Nymbl uses this only to communicate with you directly and to aid in positive identification. We do not share this information with anyone other than your Sponsoring Entity.
- Balance evaluation data. These are the scores that you receive when you take the Nymbl Balance Evaluation. It includes which tests you performed, what your score was on each, as well as information as to how stable the phone was during the exercise.
- Training data. This is data about your training activities. Each time you do a training exercise, we collect which exercise it was, your score, how stable you were, and information on how well you do with dual-tasking, including how many questions you responded to and how many of the responses were correct. In addition, at the end of the training sessions we also collect subjective feedback that you provide to us.
We collect this information when you sign up to use the Solution, fill out a form, or engage in other activities we make available through the Solution.
The types of information we collect automatically include:
- Device details, such as the type of mobile device you use, and the device version.
- The IP address of the computer or other device that you are using;
- The browser name that you are using;
- Technical information about your computer or other device, such as the operating system and the Internet service provider you are using, and other similar information.
We may combine this information with your account username, contact information, other account information, or other unique information in order to provide the services that you have requested, to troubleshoot problems, or to provide better service to you or other users.
How we use your information
In addition to the uses of personal information identified above, we use your information for the following:
Tracking each person’s usage of Nymbl. We use the data that is uploaded to monitor each person’s usage of Nymbl – how frequently, how many exercises, what time of day, etc.
- Tracking each person’s progress. We use information you provide to track how well each person is progressing in their balance training, and we adapt the specific exercises and dual-tasks based on progress. We will share data with your Sponsoring Entity, including your enrollment and engagement status, along with certain details of your engagement with the App or Solution.
- Understanding and improving our products. To make the product better we have to understand how users are using it. We intend to use it to improve our products, including research.
- To provide services to you. We use the information you provide to us to provide the services you have requested.
- To send periodic emails. We may use the email address you have provided to us to respond to user inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the user would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, the user can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of each email. Alternatively, you can opt-out of receiving email marketing communications by contacting Us at the contact information provided in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that you may continue to receive transactional or account-related communications from us.
- As content on the Solution, when uploaded by you or with your permission. We may permit you to upload pictures or comments to the Solution, including reviews regarding the Solution.
- For purposes specified at the time of collection. There may be other purposes that are specified when the information is collected.
- As otherwise permitted or required by law. There may be times when the law permits or requires us to use information for other purposes.
How we collect your information
In addition to information you provide to us, we may use the following technologies for automatic data collection:
- Mobile Cookies. A mobile cookie is a small file placed on your mobile device. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access or use certain parts of our Solution.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Solution, and emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website and service statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
Google Analytics Notice
How we share your information
- There are times when communications and related content and other user information may be shared or disclosed by Nymbl. We may share or disclose your information:
To comply with legal process, or to protect Nymbl and our users. We may share or disclose your information: (1) when we have your consent or if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; (2) to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Nymbl; or (3) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- With third parties in connection with a proposed or completed merger, acquisition or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Nymbl or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
When Nymbl shares information for a business purpose, Nymbl enters into an agreement that sets forth the purpose of the sharing of information and that the recipient must keep that information confidential and not use it for purposes other than performance of the contract.
Updating Your Information
If your information needs to be updated, corrected, or deleted, please notify us at email@example.com. Your personal information can only be deleted in accordance with our data retention policy, and as permitted by law. Further, personal information may remain in databases, access logs, backup media, and other records. We cannot update or remove information from records of third parties.
California Do Not Track Notice
Many internet browsers have “Do Not Track” features which, when turned on, send a signal (the “DNT signal”) to the websites a user visits that indicates the use does not want to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret DNT signals, and there is no common definition of “tracking”, we do not currently respond to DNT signals on the Site.
Your California “Shine the Light” Privacy Rights
Upon Your request, submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will advise you of any categories of personal information that we disclose to third parties, and (to the extent we know) whether those third parties use that information for their direct marketing purposes. If we provide your personal information to a third party, we do not allow that third party to use that information for marketing their services, unless You have consented to that use.
Nymbl takes reasonable steps to protect information you provide to us as part of your use of the Nymbl service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no electronic or email transmission or digital storage mechanism is ever fully secure or error free.
The use of a valid account is required to use portions of the Solution.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account username and password and for restricting access to Your account username and password, and for notifying Nymbl if you know or suspect your account information is compromised.
- You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
- You agree to provide only current, complete, accurate and truthful contact information.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We retain personally identifiable information only as long as it is needed for permissible business purposes, as required by law, and in accordance with record retention policies. Upon expiration of the retention period, personally identifiable information is disposed of in a secure manner.
Nymbl is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If We become aware that We have collected personal information from a child under 13 years of age, We will promptly remove such information. If you learn that a minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Nymbl after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy.
2000 S. Colorado Blvd. Suite 240
Denver, CO 80222
For New Zealand users – Privacy Terms
Digital platforms for strength and balance falls prevention exercises
What is this research for?
Live Stronger For Longer and the Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) are conducting a research project to understand how digital platforms can be used to support participation in exercises, and particularly activities that build strength and improve balance, to prevent falls. The impact of Covid-19 means that people’s ability to participate in group strength and balance classes has been reduced. We would like to know how well strength and balance training delivered using digital platforms might work for older adults in New Zealand.
What is involved?
We have partnered with Nymbl, an established digital platform for falls prevention exercises in the home. If you agree to participate, you will be asked to register with Nymbl, complete a falls risk assessment and participate in the exercises on the platform. As part of the program you will be asked about your wellbeing, health, experience of falls and satisfaction with using Nymbl.
Collection and use of information
If you agree to participate in the study, Nymbl will collect the following identifiable information about you: your name, date of birth, gender, ethnicity, cell phone number, and email address.Nymbl will provide this information to ACC and, if you have had fall-injuries in the past, it will be matched to your claims record for the duration of the study (approximately 12 months). This allows ACC to determine whether the App has improved your strength and balance and reduced your risk of fall-injuries. If you do not have a relevant claim history, ACC will destroy the information. Nymbl will also collect data about your use of the App, e.g. how often you use it, your program of activity, and your responses to a number of standardized tests. This might be a falls risk assessment and a self-evaluation of health and well-being, for example. You will also be periodically surveyed to determine your satisfaction with using Nymbl. At the end of the study, all of this information will be “de-
identified”, meaning it cannot be linked to you, and then “aggregated”, meaning it will be combined with other records. Nymbl will give this aggregated data to ACC. ACC will keep this aggregated data regardless of whether you have a relevant claim history and it will be analyzed to understand how effectively Nymbl has supported participation in strength and balance exercises.All data from the research that is identifiable information about you will be held in a secure server and destroyed after the study is completed. An anonymized copy of the dataset will be retained. For more information on how ACC handles personal information, visit https://www.acc.co.nz/privacy/
Who is this research open to?
Anyone age 55 or older living in New Zealand is welcome to participate, whether or not you are physically active.
Do I have to take part in the research?
Your participation in this study is entirely your choice. You are free to: Choose not to take part or withdraw at any time, without having to give a reason. This will not affect the service or support you receive from ACC.
What will this research produce?
This research will provide Live Stronger For Longer and ACC with the information needed to inform our decisions on what program to invest in. Participants in the survey will be emailed a short summary of the findings. In addition, Live Stronger for Longer will publish the findings on the website so you can learn what the research finds even if you choose not to participate. Finally, we will share the insights from the study in academic publications so researchers and policy makers around the world can learn from the experiences of New Zealanders.
What are my rights?
You have the right to learn about what the research finds. You have the right to withdraw from the study at any time. You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org and ask that your information be removed from the study at any time, and with no consequences for you. Withdrawing from the study will not impact your service in present or future ACC claims. You can contact the ACC Ethics Panel on email@example.com if you have any concerns about this research.
What if I want to find out more about it?
If you have any questions about the study, please email Meagan at firstname.lastname@example.org