Aging2.0 webinar on fall prevention.
On Wednesday, November 6th, Dr. Nathan Estrada of Nymbl Science teamed up with Jayne Keller, VP of Senior Living at Christian Living and Cappella Living Solutions, and Karen Brown, CEO of iAging, to host an Aging2.0 webinar all about fall prevention.
First off, we would like to thank Karen Brown for organizing the webinar and facilitating such a meaningful conversation about fall prevention. Thank you as well to Jayne Keller. Her insights on fall prevention in senior living, were very valuable to attendees exploring how to best serve their older adults. And thank you to the many participants who joined us! The questions that were asked showed how forward-thinking people are in the senior care space.
- The evolution of fall prevention from 30 years ago to today
- How what we “knew” directed what we did, but we “know” different now
- How the unintended consequence of fall education can be FEAR
- The changing behaviors of older adults and how that impacts expectations
- Review of current evidence that balance is a reflex and requires a change in training
If you were unable to make the webinar, we recorded it and published for you to view and use as a resource when exploring the evolving fall prevention methods.