This is the time of year for resolutions, and we’d like to suggest that you do something with long term positive impact for your brain and wellness – resolve to improve your balance! It takes only a few minutes per day, and your balance will increase significantly. Here are some simple suggestions:
- Brush your teeth while standing on one foot
- Walk every day, and if you can do it barefoot, that will increase the effect (more stimulation of the nerves on the bottom of your feet create more information for your brain to process
- While dressing and putting on shoes, do as much as possible standing on one foot
- Actively participate in sports and physical pastimes, including biking
- Do 1 minute of lunges each day
Seems simple, right? You’ll feel better balance in as little as 3 weeks. Go on, resolve to do it!!